Tuesday 17 May 2011

OBJLoader working

I got hold of the OBJLoader library by Saito, Matt Ditton and Ekene Ijeoma and got it working!

Preliminary tests were positive, but I did pull my hair out over OBJ export settings for a while once I turned off the stroke and noticed that the triangles up top were messing up. Turns out that the best way to ensure compatibility is to triangulate your model at export, and also tell OBJLoader to read the model as triangles instead of quads or polygons. Which makes sense, really.

Using libraries with processing.py isn't too bad, the import syntax is just a little weirder (somehow there is no 'import something.thing.*') and you need to find the processing.py/libraries folder to chuck it in. Not sure where this folder is on the school Macs though, I did look once and got lost. Never fear, home PC to the rescue.

Note the gap up top where triangles should be...

No comments:

Post a Comment